Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My Little Monster Strikes Again! - Part 2

Well, I don't know how it happened, but someone left a small bottle of vaseline within the grasp of Tyler, my little monster. He walked into the kitchen where we all were and was very shiny. As we were trying to figure out what in the world he had gotten into, I noticed that he had a new rock star hair doo. He also had a thin coating around his neck, hands and in his ears. You could actually see the trails sculpted by his fingers across his neck. Shortly after we were reminded of how oil and water don't mix. A warm bath was not completely effective. We were able to get a lot of the vaseline off, but some of it is still lingering in his ears, the creases of his neck, and in his hair. Even after cleaning his ears with Q-tips, I can still see the residue in them. Tyler really is a sweetie and after having three other children I can say that he is not overly curious. These funny things just happen in the lives of our children. We just have to thank the Lord that he has not gotten into anything dangerous. I like to think that the reason that has not happened is because we are careful to put up the dangerous things. I think that I will have to make sure my shaving cream and stuff is out of his reach as he grows taller, learns to climb better, and gets more curious. Even as I'm writting this I can see about 20 feet of dental floss strung across the room. It will be fun watching this little boy grow up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL And you're adding one more to the mix in a few months, no less. Goodness, what a joy - to read about all the fun Tyler provides for you and Jess. He does sound like an overly curious youngster, though. Maybe in his quest to find out how the world works, he may turn out to be one who helps lead many to salvation. :0)

Just the same, I think we're going to start calling him the Vasaline Kid. LOL

BTW, straight dishsoap will remove any greasy substance. With vasoline, you have to use a lot, though. Good thing to know, just in case he decides to shower with cooking oil. Hmm...