Thursday, November 23, 2006

O-yaah, Kool-Aid and butter, the drink of "Little monsters"

You know, sometimes us parents are just not fast enough. It was five something in the morning and my ears woke to the sound of, "milk", "milk." Tyler took at late nap the day before so he was only up for about an hour before it was time for bed again. The result was that he woke up very early. Struggling to open my eyes I cracked them just enough to see his dark form. The sun hadn't come up yet and I wasn't about to get up yet either. I told him to wait a little while and to lay back down.

About an hour later I got out of bed and got ready so that I could take Grace to school and drop Jess off at the train. As I walked down stairs I was met by Tyler who had a big smile on his face. He said, "I have milk daddy." Right now, Tyler is at that age where all liquid such as fresh juice, Kool-Aid, etc. is milk and all meat is chicken. I could see that he had a cup in his hand, but I didn't recognize the concoction that was inside it. There was red powder and chunks of some soft yellowy substance. I took the cup from him and walked into the kitchen to try and discover what he had gotten into. I found a small plastic stool pushed up against our kitchen table. On top of the table was a canister of Kool-Aid and a container of butter (some say Parkay). The butter now had red swirls through it and I was too afraid to look into the Kool-Aid container. That will teach me not jump up and get his "milk" as soon as he asks for it!

1 comment:

Sue Chhem said...

he is such an inventive little guy. the drink doesn't sound so bad.