Monday, January 22, 2007

Ty and I

Even though it was not fun watching my son struggling to breathe, vomitting, and getting poked by various needles, I have to thank God that we are blessed with good medical care. I am also grateful that Tyler's asthma acted up here at home and not in Thailand where we do not know the language or our way around. Around last Thursday Tyler started running a fever, coughing, and vomiting. Once he fell asleep it seemed to settle down, but on Friday night his breathing became labored. I took him into emergency at about 3am. After arriving in the ER he seemed to be doing better and I started thinking, "It figures, when they examine him everything will check out fine, they'll send us home, and then things will flare up again." However, after about 2 minutes in the ER he vomited on himself and me. Coupled with a fever and labored breathing they decided to admit him. His fever got upto 103, but once they gave him some paracetemaol and got an I.V. with antibiotics and fluids into him his temperature stabelized.

Ty and I spent the next three days in the hospital. Although we had some nice cuddle time and I was there for him when he was being poked and proded, he asked about mom and grace a few times. Jessica and the rest of our kids visited us each day, which really lifted Ty's spirits. Ty hadn't really eaten anything for two and a half days . The I.V. helped rehydrate him and by Sunday his appetite seemed to come back. We were released today (Monday) and will return for an office visit on Thursday so that the doctor can check on him and help us determine a plan to help prevent him from having any more major attacks. Please keep Tyler in prayer over this.

No comments: