Saturday, April 29, 2006

I Want a Sista - Part 2

Jessica and I were in our room talking while Grace was playing. I asked Jess, "If the baby is a boy, what do you want to name him?" As we thought about it I offered the name "Tommy (Thomas)." Grace, who seemed oblivious to our conversation before that, immediately stopped her playing and said, "Noooooo, that's a boys name. Were having a girl." I was laughing inside and I couldn't help teasing her a little bit. I responded by saying to Jess, "How about Mark?" Of course Grace yells, "NOOOOO! its a girl!"
A few days later while playing, Tyler hit Jessica's stomach. Of course she told Tyler, no we don't do that. I chimed in and said, "Tyler, don't hit your little brother like that." Grace unglued herself from her morning cartoons and again protested, "THE BABY IS NOT A BOY, IT'S A GIRL!" Jessica told her that she better keep praying then and ask God for a baby sister. If you feel for Grace's plight, then join her as she prays for a baby sister. Click here to read Part 3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled onto your blog, and I can sympathize. My daughter prayed and prayed (and argued/fought) that the child I was pregnant with last year was a girl (she too already had a little brother). I can say that she took the birth of her second little brother very well, and now proudly procliams that she is "the luckiest little girl in the world."

Anonymous said...

Man - she even looks gorgeous with crazy hair!

JenMP said...

Lol. Grace sure is confident that she's going to have a sister! Well, I guess I will pray along with her then that God's will is for another baby girl. How funny! But if it's not then I will pray that she takes it as well as Anonymous's daughter did. How do you think she'll react if it's another boy?

Sean Ransom said...

I think she will do okay. If it is a boy we will tell her before it's born to get her used to the idea. If it is a girl we will surprise her when it is born. She insists that it is a girl and won't even entertain the thought of a boy. She gets made if we even talk about boy names. It will be fun to see how this turns out.